ChiliFresh.com is committed to protecting the privacy of its customers and their patrons.
ChiliFresh.com may collect personally identifiable information such as name, postal address, telephone number, e-mail address, credit card number and/or checking account number of its subscribers through the online signup process for its online products. This personal and business information is collected and used by ChiliFresh.com for the purpose of facilitating a relationship or business transaction. ChiliFresh also collects non-personally identifiable information such as email address, library unique identifier and nickname of the product users (typically library patrons). This non-personally identifiable information is used only for facilitating and cataloging of data provided as part of the service, such as reviews and ratings, public bookshelves and booklists.
The ChiliFresh.com web site resides behind a firewall and uses SSL (Secure Sockets Layer, the industry-standard security protocol used to communicate with browsers) to transmit any personally or business sensitive information. Data is strongly encrypted during transmission to ensure that personal, business and payment information is secure. Industry-standard data encryption techniques are used to protect personal and business information on ChiliFresh computers. SSL-capable browsers typically have a symbol on the browser window to indicate when they are in a secure mode. In addition, the URL will begin with “https:” for all browsers.
ChiliFresh.com does not sell, rent or give e-mail addresses to other organizations under ANY circumstances. E-mail addresses that are collected in the course of business will NEVER be published either in print or electronically. ChiliFresh.com may generate e-mail for the following types of communication for its Subscribers (typically library systems):
Account verification and password change.
- Notification e-mail to which the individual may subscribe and unsubscribe.
- Transactional e-mail, which is the result of a business transaction initiated with ChiliFresh.com.
- Relationship e-mail, which is sent as an informational service because of a relationship with ChiliFresh.com.
- Commercial e-mail (would only be sent to Subscribers of ChiliFresh.com, (not to its patrons), which is sent to promote a ChiliFresh product or service (you may opt not to receive this type of e-mail).
- Correspondence from ChiliFresh staff as a result of a communication initiated by a Subscriber.
ChiliFresh.com uses third-party agents for several business purposes, including credit card validation and check draft creation. These agents are permitted to use your personal or business information only to provide ChiliFresh.com with a specific service and not for any other purpose. Users can contact ChiliFresh.com Customer Service Department (see ChiliFresh Contact Information) if you believe this policy has been violated.
ChiliFresh.com makes every effort to preserve your privacy, but we may need to disclose personal or business information when required by law. ChiliFresh.com may also disclose personal information if it believes in good faith that such action is necessary.
User generated information
The catalog information (that is not associated with identifiable user information) can be split in two parts:
• Publicly displayed information – that is user’s nickname, reviews and ratings when posted, as well as booklists and bookshelves items data if user has explicitly set the data to public
• Private information – that is data the user has created, but selected not to publish, such as, booklists and bookshelves items data that user has not set to be public
Users can contac ChiliFresh.com Customer Service Department (see ChiliFresh Contact Information) to request all data collected about him or herself, as well as to ask to remove the data.
Non-personal information is collected behind the scenes by ChiliFresh.com web server and is used to compile general website usage statistics or facilitate access to restricted website services. Such information includes:
- IP address of computer
- Browser-related information
- Locations visited on the web site
- HTTP cookies
A Customer’s IP address is used to verify access rights of licensed subscribers to ChiliFresh products and services. They also aid in the general administration of the web site.